Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Same Dress, Different Season.




You may recognize this dress from this post.  I first thrifted this dress back in February, and I wore it all layered up in the winter.  It really is a summer dress. though, and it's so light weight and cozy that I've been getting a lot of use out of it.  I know you can only tell in half of these photos, but it has tiny polka dots on it.  You know, the kind that from the right distance/angle look like they're dancing and then start to make your vision blurry.  I love the little dancing polka dots.  
Dan and I had originally planned to shoot this outfit in a field full of hay bales because I love hay bales, but by the time we got to the field they had taken the hay bales away.  Every last one.  We then tried this little park behind our town's municipal building, but as we pulled up a HUGE swarm of what appeared to be miniature horse flies swarmed our car.  When I say swarmed, I mean they were chasing the car as we turned around in a very persistent manner, and one tough little guy clung onto the review mirror for most of the way back to town.  Finally we found a location that seemed to work.  Have you had any similar experiences when trying to find a suitable shooting locale?





Photos by Dan.

Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: Clarks
Hat: Urban Outfitters

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you escaped from those horseflies! Why were they being so rude? And who stole all those hay bales?! There are many mysteries to solve. But I'm glad you found a pretty space by the water! It looks really peaceful there. And I love your pretty dress and hat!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute thrifted dress! I pretty much like anything with polka dots. That horse fly story is scary...ewwww! The only insect issues we've had have been with bees buzzing by from a nearby blossoming tree and freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the biggest nuisance to me when taking photos is other people! i'll take take insects over humans any day (on second thought, maybe not horse flies though:)

    btw, your legs are like a mile long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last photo is absolutely my FAV!

    sorry about the horse fly! eeeek...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last two photos are really cute, i am liking your hat :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos dear, I love the polka dots!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first photo of you, now I have to try some hat tossing pictures! I'm the same way with my clothes, all my lovely spring dresses hide under heavy sweaters and coats in the winter!

    It might just be my computer but it's really hard to read the color & type of font you chose for the blog. Did you change it recently?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have loved to see this with the hay bales, but these photos are amazing!!! I love the scenery and the dress still looks perfect for this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polka dots and boater hats! I love the combination, and the dress is perfect for the summer heat and little adventures. Sorry to hear that the hay bales were all gone. But I love these pictures by the dock. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your hat! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the whole outfit a mix of vintage, stylish, and hippie look!
    i love it! really like your hat!
    your photos is so funny!
    http://thecolorbox.blogspot.com/
    margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit photos! Sometimes the search for the perfect setting is part of the fun - sometimes not (horseflies?! Scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your comment on my blog, Libby, glad to find yours! :)
    Of course I adore polka dots, it's easy to tell from my blog. :D
    I've been looking around for a boater hat for ages, but I have such a big head that they just don't fit. Ah, one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for your comment! love these photos by the water. cute little boat hat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is wonderful and looks so versatile. I love the hat you paired with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hat is the cutest! I love boater hats on other gals but can never seem to find one that I like on me. Hmmph. ;)

    And polka dots are one of my many sartorial weaknesses, so of course I love your dress! It looks super comfy, and dresses that can be styled for pretty much any season are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)