Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspired by: Kirsten Dunst in Elizabethtown







1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

So I recently watched Elizabethtown for oh, I don't know, the zillionth time, and I'm still taken with Kirsten Dunst's character, Claire, and her style.  There's just something about her quirky personality, the way she sees other people, and her apparent zest for life that seems to rub off on me after watching the movie.  Also, I just love her style! Throughout the film, she's seen in an array of adorable vintage clothing, from t-shirts to skirts! These are some of my favorite outfits.

Also, I hate to disappoint, but I have no photos from last week.  As you know, my mother and I packed up our suitcases for a shopping trip to Pittsburgh, but we only made it as far as Grove City, Pa where there is a fabulous outlet mall.  We shopped all day in the dreary cold weather, and then we decided we simply didn't feel like driving all the way to Pittsburgh, so we turned around and went home.  That night, we stayed in and watched Tangled in our PJ's.  That's the beauty of setting off on a little trip without an agenda; we were able to make plans as we went, and it ended up being totally different from what we set out to do! 

All in all, I had a wonderful spring break, but the weather was simply not cooperating for pretty spring outfits.  The good news is that Dan is home for summer vacation from school for the next four months (I know, right?! Four months?!), and that means that I will have my photographer handy at all times! Hopefully that means more outfit shots...we'll see!

10 comments:

  1. I love the outfit in the black and white! You should do a version of it with clothing you find available haha! (aka do my shopping work for me...) Glad you had a good time on your trip and movies and pjs sounds pretty great to me on this rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i TOTALLY agree! the stylist for kirsten dunst in this movie was fab because it has inspired me to this day! that red hat... oh how i loved it!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen Elizabethtown. :( I think I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen that film yet. but you make me want to!! I think you look a bit like K dunst in these pictures : it could have been you in that movie ;). More outfit shots : great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i actually didn't like this movie the first time i saw it but i gave it another chance and now i love it! (not sure what was wrong with me back then...) kirsten really does have great style in the movie!

    thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Grove City outlets! I went to Slippery Rock for undergrad, so I shopped there all the time. And there's certainly nothing wrong with changing trip plans on the fly; cozying up to watch Tangled sounds like a great alternative to driving to Pittsburgh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally netflixing this one!

    Sounds like you and your mom had a great trip-- my mom and I do little trips like that together a couple times a year and always seem to find ourselves at outlet malls too! It's obvious where we got our love of shopping from, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much! she sure has cute outfits:) I'm interested to see what you'll wear a la kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo exciting you have the next four months with Dan. I have never seen Elizabethtown and will be adding it to my cue ASAP...these stills are making me want to watch it right now. Hope more cooperative sunny days are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I have never seen Elizabethtown and I have been wanting to watch it, but for some reason netflix won't play it for me! Now you are making me want to watch it even more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by! I appreciate your feedback! :)